Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Getting the band back together with Barry Bonds on lead guitar

In what some would view as an early season desperation move and others would see as an attempted block of VR picking up Bonds, I view as getting back to my teams championship ways. After all I believe my first 3 seasons were won by Barry carrying my team on his acne filled back.

I am offically dropping Berkman and his 2 homers and picking up Bonds minus his 8. Now if only Durham will start hitting behind him so he doesn't break his own walks record.

On another note.........thank you Browns for bringing major excitement to all your fans. I don't care what picks they gave up. Browns fans have lived thru horrible drafts and seasons and had no "face of the franchise." I think this draft will be the start of something new and they are only 2 seasons away from the playoffs. Also, has there ever been a greater character difference between a teams 1st round picks and their 2nd round? Joe Thomas and Quinn seem like choir boys and Eric Wright proved it's possible to get kicked out of USC.

P.S. If Quinn stinks it up this year and the Cowboys pick Darren McFadden with the Browns pick next year this post will be deleted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Browns story, and the Quinn drama, were my favorite aspects of the draft. My take - you cannot measure Quinn versus JaMarcus Russell only - based on the 2008 first round pick traded to move up to get Quinn, you will also have to measure Quinn against guys like Louisville's Brian Brohm and Hawaii's Colt Brennan who I expect to be the best names.

Oh yeah, and screw you for picking up Bonds (grat commentary though, you may just have this blogging thing figured out!)

Unknown said...

and my second favorite part was the Dolphins dropping the ball REPEATEDLY. And kudos to Millen for grabbing CJ despite Millen's spotty record - I was hoping the Bucs would get a shot at him, but I'll take Gaines Adams in a heartbeat.